Come sail with Us! How to Join Crescent.
Thank you being interested in joining us at our gem on the lake we call Crescent. Click on the Create an Account button below to begin. After your Contact is created you are prompted to select your requested Membership Type. Then please enter your address, answer the questions, plus a note for the membership chairperson to read. Additional biographical data summarizing sailing experience is welcomed, but not required. The Committee is also interested in skills or talents possessed by the applicant that may be useful to CSYC.
NOTE - If you are already a member please do not create a contact or application. Contact us to get your member login credentials.
Crescent reviews completed applications for membership on an ongoing basis.
A completed application must include three letters of sponsorship from senior members. The sponsoring member shall deliver their letter of recommendation to the Membership Committee as soon as possible.
Candidates may be asked to attend one or more informal meetings with the Membership Committee, Board of Directors, and Flag Officers.
Applicants are encouraged to attend the monthly general meetings at Crescent where they will be introduced. These are held at 8 PM on the first Tuesday of the month, September through June, excluding December (this meeting is restricted to members only).
New members will be voted in by the Board of Directors AFTER application, sponsor letters, payment, and completion of a 14 day posting.
List of member statuses and what they mean are below. Wet Boat refers to a boat that is moored in the water in our harbor. Dry Boat refers to a boat moored on the land either on a trailer or a rack.
- Senior Resident - Over 35, allowed to vote, allowed to moor either a Wet or Dry boat.
- Senior < 35 w/ Dry Boat - Over 35, allowed to vote, allowed to moor either a Wet or Dry boat.
- Senior < 35 w/ Wet Boat - Over 35, allowed to vote, allowed to moor either a Wet or Dry boat.
- Senior Student w/ Dry Boat - Full time Student, allowed to moor a Dry boat.
- Junior - 18 or under, allowed to moor a Dry boat. Allowed to remain as Junior until age 21.
- Crew - Access to the property, allowed to store a rack boat such as a kayak or SUP, allowed to use club boats for for a fee.